Thank you

Ty had a wonderful birthday today.  I can't believe he's THREE!  Thank you so much to all of his supporters.  He was totally surprised by the number of people calling and the surprise gifts he received.  And we were even more surprised by the amazing generosity of our neighbors who stopped by the bake sale during Irish Day here in Long Beach.  Wow!  Ty is a very lucky little boy to be so loved by all, and to have so many wonderful people following him on this journey.  We are so incredibly grateful.

We celebrated tonight by sending Gavin off to Grandma's house so Ty could enjoy a trip to Nathan's for a dinner that consisted of nothing more than a french fries and fruit punch, followed by a friendly game of whack-a-mole, Sega Outrun, Shooting Gallery and "The Claw" that isn't strong enough to hold onto even the smallest stuffed animal.  Ty loved every minute of it.  He is still awake trying to bargain with us for one more show before bedtime.  Doesn't he realize that we need to be on the road at 6AM tomorrow?  Oh boy. 

On the car ride home from Nathan's he was being really quiet in the back seat so we asked him if knew how old he was, and he said "FOUR".  What?  How old are you?  "FOUR!" he said again. Then I realized he was totally kidding, how cute!  I smiled big and asked him teasingly... "how old are you?" and he gave me the biggest, cutest giggle and said "I'm Tree!"  I could just eat him up. 

After our last trip to Sloan Kettering, I was beginning to feel very sad about what lies ahead for Ty.  But, after having so much fun over these few days I have turned my attitude around and I am excited about starting treatment.  I can't wait to get started so I can stop worrying about what might happen if we waited too long.  In the toy room at the hospital there is a board where the children recently posted their wishes.  I want every single one of those beautiful wishes to come true.

- Clean MRI scans for eternity
- That no other child has to go through what I went through
- To meet any one of the Yankees
- A new house for my Mom
- To be cured

I envy their strength, their beauty, their innocence and their courage.  The mighty Ty will be in good company among all of these amazing children, and together they will fight. 

Comments

  1. Hey guys, I just read this tonight. I hope you guys are all well. I'm sure today was long. Let me know if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.