Birthday celebrations

Today is my birthday, and I was surprised with a visit by one of my best friends.  It couldn't have come at a better time, either, because it didn't feel like much of a birthday and I was having a very stressful, rainy, dreary day.  I went out to run and errand with Ty and my sister in-law, Debi, and when I returned Caryn was here at my house!  Caryn drove up from Virginia to spend the evening with me, and I couldn't be happier.  We are going to go out to dinner while my wonderful mother in-law and sister in-law watch the boys.

Tomorrow we are going to celebrate Ty's birthday at Grandma's house.  But first, we will be watching the Irish Day parade here in Long Beach with our friends and neighbors, and we will be going to the childhood cancer cookie sale that will be held in front of the Saloon on the corner of Beech Street and Indiana.  A sweet friend of mine from High School, Erin, had bracelets made on behalf of Ty and we hope anyone in Long Beach can stop by to support the cause.  Thank you!

At Grandma's house we are also celebrating Uncle Harry's birthday and cousin Kayla's birthday.  Then, on Monday, we will be sure to have yet another cake for Ty for his real birthday.  That will be very hard for me.  He is going to have his first chemotherapy treatment on Tuesday, and I just can't imagine how it is going to feel celebrating his third birthday just the day before.  Three is the cutest age, and it's supposed to be happy.  It's going to be really hard. 

Comments

  1. It sounds really hard Cindy. But he won't be on chemo YET for his birthday. So have a nice birthday celebration and take a cue from Ty (as best you can) to live in the moment. He will not be worrying about the next day! If only we could all be so wise. I don't want to sound like a certain Wantagh HS English teacher with a rock and roll mullet hairdo reminiscent of Steven Tyler, but "the child is father of the man."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.