How time flies

I can't believe it's been a week since Ty came home.  I also can't believe that we were scheduled to start chemo as early as yesterday!  As much as I am afraid to delay much further, I am so glad we have more time to build up his strength and help him to be himself again for a while. 

We have several baseline tests that need to be conducted before we can begin treatment at Sloan Kettering, so I am working to schedule them ASAP.  It's not easy, though, because Ty is young and requires sedation for a lot of these tests.  It just complicates matters. 

Today Ty tried walking quite a bit, and he even took a few steps here and there without any support.  He is building up his strength day by day.  Those wobbly chicken legs need some meat on the bones, though... he got so thin!  Never in his life did he have skinny legs so it's strange to see him like this.  His belly is getting chubby, though, which makes me proud, and he has been giving me crazy big hugs around the neck all day and all night which warms my heart more than you can imagine. 

He tricked me today.  Ty said he wanted to put his shoes on and try walking outside on the sidewalk.  But, when we got outside he said he wanted me to carry him to the beach instead and that he would walk on the boardwalk.  It's a long four blocks when carrying 30 LBs in 80 degrees, but I did it because I expected to be rewarded when we got there.  Then, he said he changed his mind and wanted to get down to the water and he would walk on the sand.  I carried him into the ocean while me feet and pants got wet, but Ty said now he was too cold and didn't want to put his feet in the water.  Alas, I turned around to head back home and he did not end up waling outside at all.  I carried him all the way back as he smiled from ear to ear.  He just loves being in mommy's arms, and I guess I can't complain because I love it too (but, ow, my aching back!). 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.