Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally! Ty feels better

What started out as an awful morning with lots of tears and lots of testing, turned out to be our greatest day with Ty since first checking into the hospital.  Rather than run through the laundry list of today's medical procedures and mishaps, we are going to keep this light and focus on the amazing turnaround we returned to after an early dinner at... you guessed it... McDonalds.  We went out for a couple of hours with Gavin which was very special in itself and he loves the french fries just as much as Lou does. 

At around 6:30 this evening, we returned to Ty's room to find him wide-eyed and eager to see us.  He began rattling off things he wanted to eat, games he wanted to play, shows he wanted to watch, and more.  He stayed in Mommy's arms for more than 2 hours, which was the most precious part of all, and he showed significant improvements in every single way from his willingness to carry on a conversation, his ability to sit-up again, his appetite (first time he ate in 6 days) and his interest in the toys around him.  He even drew some beautiful "art" on his pumpkin. 

Ty talked a lot about his upcoming birthday on October 4th.  He wants to have a Max and Ruby cake and a party at Grandma's house.  He wants to invite his cousins James and Ryan, and his friends Eva and "E".  Gavin is invited, too.  Ty has had so much energy this evening, Lou and I are exhausted.  In fact, right now Ty is wide awake watching a Dora DVD while Lou is sleeping in the chair next to him and I am barely keeping my eyes open myself.  Maybe because I don't want this day to end. 

Tomorrow Ty has more surgery, a feeding tube and a medi-port are being placed.  They are relatively minor surgeries compared to what he's been through, and both will help to make him stronger for his therapy in the near future.  Thanks to all of you for your continued love and support. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see things are looking up. Stay strong Cindy. -Jeff Katz