Remembering 9/11

The boys are both doing well.  This morning I left them with Lou so I could spend the day at the firehouse with my great friend Christina and her family.  Her brother, Andrew, was a firefighter for Ladder 5 and one of the first to respond to the attack on the World Trade Center.  In 2001 I lived in downtown Manhattan and on that day Christina and I walked the streets in search of any news on her brother and his fellow firefighters.  We ultimately found ourselves waiting for hours on end at his firehouse and the surrounding area. 

Today we spent time talking about that day and remembering Andrew.  I truly believe he is watching out for Ty and so many others from up above. 

God bless all of those precious lives that were stolen from this earth on that horrific day.  Never forget. 


The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified... We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom. -- Rudolph W. Giuliani. December 31, 2001.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.