Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quick catch up

Lou and I had such a nice weekend in Providence, I still feel a little guilty - even after spending all day with Ty and Gavin today.  I know I shouldn't, especially because Ty was feeling good the entire time we were gone and he barely even put up a fuss.  Aunt Debi was watching both Ty and Gavin and she said they were absolute angels.  I was so anxious to get home all morning on Sunday, and when I walked in the door I was just flooded with happiness as soon as I heard the shrieks coming from the other room as we walked in.  There is nothing sweeter than that sound, I swear.  Ty was sitting at the kitchen table like such a big boy and he was drawing me a picture for my big homecoming (I was gone for exactly 26 hours).

The wedding was so incredibly beautiful.  I had a wonderful time and I was able to relax completely once I was surrounded by my closest friends with a text message in my pocket that read Ty was sleeping soundly.  For those of you who are curious - althought I did get down on the dance floor here and there - I did not drink too much nor did I attempt any breakdancing or headspins (phew!).   I didn't trip over my dress or fall with a drink in hand either.  It was really quite tame :)  I know I said this already, but everything about the wedding was so beautiful and so tasteful, nothing short of what I would expect from my Linda Love.  She was stunning, gorgeous, graceful and elegant.  They are both so obviously in love they had me smiling all night long.  I am still thinking about what fun we had and how nice it was to take a break from Ty and Gavin.  As much as I want to be with them every second of every day, it's not until you spend a night apart that you realize how nice it is to escape our reality once in a while. 

Ty will be attending his first day of preschool tomorrow.  I am so excited.  One of my closest childhood friends is in town from San Diego and she spent the day running errands with me (i.e. the quitessential trip to the supermarket) and she also came with me to visit the school and allow Ty to meet his teachers in advance.  Oh what a magical place that is!  I am very excited to give this a try.  Ty will be in a class with 10 other students, all of whom are three years old.  I am the only mom who will be accompanying my child due to his disabilities, but I look forward to the day where I might be able to leave him on his own for an hour or two.  That kind of independence would just show such strength.  As if Ty truly prevailed!  I can't wait.  Ty's physical therapist was here today and she feels he will be there in not time, that he's doing amazing. 

The only concerning turn of events today was how much he vomited today.  He got sick in the morning, then again at the school right after I finished telling his teachers how rarely he throws up these days (isn't that always the way?).  This led to a severe lack of appetite all day, but I kept his juice cup filled at all times and got him to eat a very small piece of cheese and a very small piece of buttered bread.  It's just so challenging to keep up his caloric intiake when he feels too sick to eat.  I don't know what happened today, but I m going to pre-medicate before we go to the school tomorrow to avoid another episode.  I just want my poor baby to feel all better all the time.  PATIENCE!!! 

In this video from just the other day, Ty says "I'm beating up cancer and I'm winning!"  You sure are, baby boy.  Look at you now you amazing little man.  I love you infinity. 

Thank you, everyone, for keeping me going and reminding me how important it is to take adantage of these wonderful days we are having.  Goodness is all around us.


  1. Hi. Been following Ty's story since early Feb from Wakefield, MA. So glad that he is doing well. I haven't posted before but I thought you would really enjoy this.


  2. Hoping Ty had a great day at his new preschool!