What a wonderful day!

Ty had an amazing day.  It was as if he didn't just undergo treatment at all. Now, I've been warned by others who have been through this that some individuals tend to feel really great just before they get slammed, and I'm prepared for that -- we just wanted to enjoy his great mood to the fullest today, and we did. 

The most exciting thing we accomplished today was taking him off his backpack of fluids, and having Mommy remove his "tubies" from the comfort of his own home.  Don't get me wrong, there was nothing comfortable about the process, he was totally freaking out when I had to peel the huge bandages and pull out to gi-normous needles from his port, but after we were finished he told me that I do it better than the hospital.  Later today when he had to get his "G-shot" (a daily shot to help boost his white blood cell counts) he completely refused the numbing cream beforehand.  He is one tough cookie.  I had Lou give me a shot first, so he could see that it wasn't too painful.  After he took his own shot like a champ, he was so good he may as well have asked, "what else you got?" 

The cutest thing he said today was about GaGa.  He told me that he wanted to talk to Gavin and tell him about the hospital.  When I asked him what he wanted to tell Gavin about it, he said he wanted GaGa to know that it doesn't hurt too bad.  How sweet!  And, he wants Gavin to come with him sometimes.  Ha!  Easier said than done :)  He tells me that Gavin wishes he had tubies because they are so cool :)

Comments

  1. ty is such a tough cookie. he is never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers. Keep the updates coming. I love to hear how well the little guy is doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.