I don't really have many updates this morning.  Yesterday was a quiet day.  We didn't go to oxygen therapy yesterday because of the belly tube incident, so it was even harder to calm Ty down today after a three day weekend.  He just doesn't want to come here anymore.  I'm sure he will be fine once treatment is over for the day. 

I was just looking for a photo and came across these adorable ones from March 1st.  This was the day before we ended up in the hospital for mysterious headaches.  Looking back on these pictures, I can see that Ty's left side was weak, but who would have ever guessed that just a couple of weeks later he would become paralyzed from the neck down - overnight. 


Ty Louis Campbell, March 1, 2012

I'll never forget that night.  We were sleeping together in the hospital bed, not sure what was wrong with him.  Around 4 in the morning I felt his right arm slide down from being wrapped around my neck.  I went to pull his arm back around me and was completely taken back when I felt how limp it had become.  A couple of hours later the neurosurgery resident came in to check on him and while he slept I told her how I was worried because he seemed so weak - and allover.  Her reaction was calm, but I could see in her face that she knew something bad was happening and she was helpless against it.  We all were. 


Soon Ty will be sitting up like this again.  Soon he will wear those adorable underpants again, too.  In fact, just yesterday he tried sitting on the potty again and it went pretty well.  He called for me from across the room and said he had to make a pee pee.  When I returned to the room with a urinal he said, "I fink I'm weddy."  "Okay, you're ready to go pee pee?" I said.  "I weddy for the potty!" he answered.  It was hard to balance him on the seat since his trunk strength is still so comprimised, but I think he felt good, like a big boy again, to be sitting there like that. 

I'll sign off today with another adorable photo from around that same time, although this was taken after the headaches and hospital visits began.  Something was wrong, but we couldn't figure out what.  I love how he is making the peace sign.  He'll do that again some day!



  

Comments

  1. You are strong, stonger than you know and a very beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading super Ty's story for about two years now and I have said so many prayers and cried and laughed right along with you! I have a three year son named Logan and tonight I was reading your post and he came in the room and saw Ty's picture and asked, "who's dat"... So I told him his name and I said he's very sick, but everyday he gets better and better, and Logan said, " mommy he will get betta bery soon"...it was so cute and so unexpected. He seemed so sure of it too! It gave me chills. Tonight we prayed for Ty to get better!! Know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!! Love, shauna and Logan (Ty's newest fan)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to see those pics and not feel so bummed that his rehabilitation moved in a backward direction. But no one is going to run out of patience for Ty, and he will gain back movement once again. Nothing is out of reach for your baby boy! Our greatest expectations and better are all a reality. Any type of negative thought or negative health can totally kiss our ass. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog for over a year now and continue to pray for you and your family. I am going through some challenging family times right now and even though they don't compare to what you and Ty are going through, it does involve my 3 beautiful children. I have been turning to God more than I ever have before and I came upon this scripture... I don't believe in coincidence, so I believe God wanted me to read this and believe and I hope it gives you hope too.

    "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, belive that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:23-24

    God bless you and Super Ty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.