Amazing

26.2 miles.  That is a long way to run.  Yesterday was very emotional, very inspiring, and very exhausting.  Lou, I meant it when I said that I have never been more proud of anyone in my life.  Aunt Debi, you are amazing.  We love you.

Ty and I went out for breakfast yesterday morning before we set off to cheer on Fred's Team outside of the hospital  (as usual, Ty wan't interested and I ended up eating breakfast for two).  There are 775 men and women running to raise funds for Memorial Sloan Kettering cancer research.  We saw someone running for Fred's Team pass by every minute!  It was awesome.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  We shared the sidewalk with so many of the nurses who care for Ty, and some of the boys and girls staying in the hospital were allowed to come down to cheer on Fred's Team, too!  One runner stopped to give his medal to a little one in a wheelchair.  He said, "I'm running for you" and he didn't even know this child.  I was wiping away my happy tears all day. 

One of Ty's supporters spotted him right as we were leaving the Fred's Team section and he wanted to talk to Ty and take his picture.  Ty was soooo tired and cranky at that moment he refused a picture.  Then we had to leave rather abruptly because I was nervous about making it to the finish line in time to see Lou.  I hope that sweet man is reading this post, because I would love to mail him a photo of SuperTy.  Please email us at tylouiscampbell@gmail.com with your address :)  We are so thankful for your love and support and we didn't mean to rush off like that. 

After we got a big hug from Daddy and Aunt Debi in front of the hospital, we raced to Central Park on foot to catch them at the finish line.  Thank God I had several friends meet up with me early in the day because they were so helpful.  If it wasn't for them, I don't think this amazing, happy ending at the finish line would have been possible... check this out!



That is Lou carrying Ty across the finish line!!!!  It was so amazing.  Thanks to all of the people who were willing to bend the rules for Ty so that Lou and Aunt Debi could see his smiling face at the end of the race.  It was simply the best.  Later that night we went out to dinner to celebrate Lou's 40th birthday.  I don't have any pictures of the birthday boy to share just yet, but here is the photo montage I posted for him back on Father's Day.  I also pulled this picture down from Debi's facebook.  Can you believe this?  She is so beautiful, you would never know how much pain she was in that night.  She is a superstar, too.  XOXO.



MRI TOMORROW.  As I'm winding down from all of our weekend excitement, I am feeling more and more like a train wreck.  I am so anxious about Ty's MRI tomorrow.  Please pray, pray, pray for it to remain unchanged.  No evidence of disease forever.  Ty is still getting sick at random and drooling a bit more than usual so I am especially concerned.  I am beyond worried but I am trying to stay cool and confident.  After we got home today I went into town for a cup of coffee and I took a walk to clear my head.  I went to church, I lit a candle, I brushed my hands over the brick that is engraved for SuperTy and I stood by the statue of another little boy who lost his battle with this terrible disease.  I will forever be consumed by just how unfair all of this is. 

I truly believe with all my heart that Ty remains cancer free, but there's nothing I can do to otherwise control my fear of "what-if."  He will be going under anesthesia at 7:30 in the morning, and the scan takes about 2 hours.  We will wait for the results in the late morning and we will post the good news as soon as the official report comes in later tomorrow afternoon.  In the meantime, we can't thank you enough for thinking of him and keeping him in your prayers.   Another sleepless night awaits. 




Comments

  1. Thank you for the wonderful update Cindy!!! You are all so inspiring. My mom, dad and I are all thinking of you guys and praying for those great results!

    Ashley Tarr & family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the marathon event was awesome. I am saying an extra extra prayer for Ty tonight. God Bless

    Prayers from Texas,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all so beautiful and amazing so much so I think there should be a name change...Debi Beautiful and Cindy and Louie Amazing! Ty..I couldn't even create a name that describes the spirit of your young age. Really I am always so moved by my dear Debi's strength, beauty, generosity and spirit and I am so proud to be her friend. Louie, Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations on being a person that is changing the world!! There are two ways to go...forward or back and I am so glad you are going forward. For better or worse you are all coming together and redefining family and love. You are inspiring and so realy. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy..my thoughts for you are that tomorrow unfolds like a wonderful dream and the only words you hear are those words that tell you Ty continues to grow strong and healthy. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a touching experience, a bit of grace & glory on your tough journey. Thank you for sharing it with us. I know Super Ty is going to come out of the MRI with flying colors!!! Hugs and kisses sent your way with many, many prayers. God Bless all of you! Rose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.