We'll take the good with the bad

This morning, Ty got annoyed with me for wiping his nose and accidentally pulled out his feeding tube when he was trying to swat my hand away.  It was startling, but it didn't hurt him and the good news is that he looks so much more comfortable without it.  No more yucky tube sticking out his nose and taped to his face.  He won't be getting nutrition for the time being, but he was so nauseous I'm not sure he minds the delay.  Instead, he is scheduled to have a feeding tube put directly into his stomach later this week.  I know it sounds terrible, but it will be a good thing for the long term.  We will use it to manage his nutrition and medicine with ease.  He will still be able to enjoy all of his favorite things like lollipops and ice cream, but this way he will also get the essentials to keep him healthy.  We need him to be good and strong for the road ahead.

Ty is on heavy antibiotics to tackle the menengitis scare, and he is still running a fever.  With every day we hope "today will be the day" that he turns around.  So far that hasn't happened, but he is getting such great care and with every day we are getting closer to figuring out how best to manage his pain and infection.  He is so tough, I am very impressed with this little man.  There are lots of angels watching over him and helping him through. 

Comments

  1. Hi guys, there are soooo many people praying for Ty !!!!! The office sends there love too.

    Cindy - the last time I saw you I shared with you my loss of my best friend, my Aunt Lou. Well Aunt Lou LOVES kids . I mean everyone and anyones kids!!! I truly believe she is an angel now. It's funny that you mention angels today b/c I have been praying to her to watch over Ty and help him to make a full speedy recovery! I know you don't know her at all, but trust me she is someone you would want watching over your kids !! She is the best!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you everyday!!!
    oxox Raena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know we care and keep praying.

    Also, remember to take a moment every day to relax. It may seem like there is no time, but only 5 minutes will do wonders!


    Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.