Tired Monday

I spent the weekend catching up with my best friends in the whole world.  It was the most fun I've had in a long time, and it was looong overdue.  Needless to say, I'm not very excited about Monday.  Is anyone, ever?  I am feeling the late effects of the weekend, coupled with the insomnia I suffered from last night.  Why is it that I can never seem to sleep when my body needs it the most?  At least I can't stop laughing at this ridiculous picture of me that Colleen sent me from her phone.  It's so blurry because we were dancing and laughing like crazy :)  We haven't been out like this in so long, yet whenever we all get together it's as if nothing's changed.  I felt a little guilty until Ty told me this morning, "I had so much pun with Nana while you were gone."  I'm so glad we all had "pun" this weekend. 


Ty has been having headaches, but I can't determine if he is experiencing muscle pain in his neck because he is working so much harder to turn his head and hold it upright, or if he is having genuine head aches.  I hope it is just muscular.  Not that it makes it any easier for Ty, but it certainly means I can worry a bit less when he complains about it.  This is part of the reason why I couldn't sleep last night.  My mind is always racing.  Always worrying.  If I'm not in a panic over the immediate future, I am worried about what's in store for Ty down the road.  Most days I am filled with hope and confidence, but fear is always lurking in the shadows and when the lights go out it finds me. 

We are back in oxygen therapy this morning and he will have a full day of PT and OT when we get home.  I was counting the days on the calendar today, and if I'm right Ty will complete this round of oxygen therapy by next Thursday.  Woo Hoo!!  This week we have to go to Sloan Kettering for an Avastin infusion, so if we skip oxygen that day then we will finish up on Friday.  Regardless, two more weeks an we are done, done, done!  I was told that after 60 treatments in an HBO chamber, the patient reaches maximum benefit.  When I asked about what we should do if he begins to decline after we reach that maximum, the doctor told me that it isn't likely.  If Ty was to require additional HBO treatments, it wouldn't be for at least a couple of years.  I was happy to hear that!

My nieces are visiting with us for the week, and I am so happy to have them!  Gavin and Ty will have so much fun.  I will have to take a lot of pictures.

I have to wrap this up already because Ty's treatment is almost done.  Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.