The sky is the limit

Ty's PT used that phrase yesterday and it was music to my ears.  Ty has been doing so well this week, it makes us all so happy.  Some new developments on the PT side:
  • When I'm carrying him, he is able to lift his head off my shoulder slightly.  It only lasts a second or two, but that is only going to get stronger
  • He has more control over his legs and can wiggle his toes ever so slightly on command
  • He pooped without a suppository twice in two days which just means increased strength
  • He was able to sit in my lap for a HAIRCUT - woo hoo he looks amazing - and I noticed that his back/stomach muscles are getting stronger.  He was sitting up much straighter than just last week (of course I was supporting his head and neck the entire time, but the improvement is significant)
  • Lying on the floor, he rolled from his side to his back (with assistance, but just having that motion in his hips and shoulders is HUGE)
  • When laying down, he can turn his head pretty well from side to side (and without much pain)
He is making great strides.  It is a long and winding road ahead, but like Colleen said, we have all the patience in the world for Ty. 

Love for Ty, all the way from Italy:
Love for SuperTy is spreading across Italy.  Two great friends and Ty supporters recently prayed for Ty during their vacations in Italy.  One in Rome and Vatican city, where she had rosaries blessed for Ty and Gavin (thank you Kathleen!), and another at the Hermitage for St. Francis on Mt. Subasio. 

My great friend, Catherine, took an incredible vacation biking along in the Italian countryside for over a week.  When she shared these photos with me I cried at the thought of her praying for Ty at such a beautiful and holy place.  I love that her thoughts of love read "Praise the Lord for giving Ty Campbell the strength to be Our Little Fighter".  I've been meaning to share these for a while :)





Comments

  1. The pictures you post of ty and Gavin just melt me. It has been a long hard battle for all of you but your strength is amazing and your little boys are totaly amazing. I keep your family in prayer and hope your days become more peaceful and ty just amazes me everyday with all he has overcome no matter what comes his way. I felt tears today for you for ty for his new movement and new strength....Tears of joy !! God Bless you and your family in the biggest ways possible. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Debbie said above :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.