Weekend in Wolfeboro

Gavin and I had a wonderful weekend together while Lou was with Ty at the hospital.  We went for a road trip to New Hampshire, and it couldn't have been a more beautiful weekend for it.  I'm so, so glad that I went.  I was very unsure if I was up for the trip because I've been so physically exhausted, but mentally it was really good for me to spend quality time with my cousins who I haven't seen in so long.  I had a great time, and I left with the most beautiful, sentimental gift from my cousin Susan.  It's a prayer card that has a very long, very special history and I will cherish it.

My cousins grew up in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire and I have so many fun memories of visiting when we were kids.  Being back there this weekend and being surrounded by all of our beautiful children reminded me just how much fun it was being a kid... dirt under my fingernails, scraped knees, messy hair and belly laughs over the silliest things.  I smiled a lot over the past two days :)  I want so much for Ty to have that kind of fun, too. 

My Grandma Ruth Zimba celebrated her 100th birthday today (my Dad's mom).  She still lives in NH and my father planned a nice party for her.  Some of us got together last night for dinner and drinks, we woke up early and went on a nature walk through the same trails we explored when I was a kid, then we all celebrated at a restaurant this afternoon with the whole gang.  Every time I see my family in New Hampshire I remember how much I miss them and wish we could do this more often.  We will!





I spent a lot of time in the car today, but it was worth it.  It was a relaxing ride, really, and me and Gavin had fun together.  I got him home around 8PM and then ran to be with Ty at the hospital.  He was tired when I got here so we said our prayers and he fell fast asleep before we could even finish.  Did I ever tell you that he knows the Our Father by heart?  It is the sweetest thing.  Lou taught him, and every night he begins his prayers by whispering this in our ears.  I was happy that he was still awake so we could snuggle when I arrived.  He always reminds me when it's time to say prayers - he never ever forgets. I missed him so much this weekend and I thought about him non-stop during the ride home. 

It's 10:50PM and as I write this our roommate's aide is snacking on an aromatic, lip-smacking rack of babyback ribs. I have to get out of here, it's grossing me out and making me hungry at the same time :)  He's a perfectly nice person and very respectful of us - he can snack on whatever he wants - it's just hard having roommates over such a long period of time.  Lou feels the same way, we can't take it much longer and we are hoping for a discharge by the end of the week.  It has to work out because we both have our hearts set on being home by Friday.  We just need to arrange for some loaner equipment to come home with us and convince the doctor's that Ty is strong enough to withstand the rigors of a full-day outpatient program.  I totally have a plan and I'll keep you posted. 

XOXO.  Goodnight. 

Comments

  1. Wow that's a long drive! I'm so glad you went for it and had fun and much needed QT with Gavin!

    It's cool that your grandma is triple digits.

    One of your cousins (presumably) in the pic resembles you and Gavin sooo much. The one in the grey sweatshirt.

    I'll be glad to hear when you are home. It will be much better for you guys. I can't wait!

    Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.