Pumpkin patch

This morning we went on a school field trip to the pumpkin patch.  Gavin joined us and they were so cute picking out their pumpkins.  Unfortunately, they weren't very willing to smile for the camera, so this is the best I could do... Gavin hunting for the perfect pumpkin... Ty holding up his tiny pumpkin during our hay ride (actually, a little girl in his class picked it just for him and he loves it)... and Gavin with a couple of farm fresh apples. 





When we returned home, it was so beautiful outside I decided I should put some spring bulbs in the ground.  Ty actually picked them out.  He asked me to buy tulips and daffodils in the supermarket a few weeks ago and we ended up with several bags full of all different colors.  This is not something I would have opted to do if it wasn't Ty who asked for the flowers :)  I don't really know what I'm doing.  Anyway, he wanted to help me so we went outside and he was such a trooper.  I dug the holes and he threw in the bulbs.  He also admired the worms we unearthed every so often.  Then we played with his toys in the driveway for a little while before heading back inside.  It was really nice and Ty was more physically active than usual which is always a plus.  I think he was inspired by the weather to try harder. 

Of course, thinking ahead to Spring is a scary thing to do.  I wonder what our life will be like when these flowers are in bloom and if Ty will be running around - the picture of health - or not.  I hope and pray that he will be returned to his optimal health by that time, and it's simply unacceptable to think otherwise.  I just know that those tulips and daffodils are going to look beautiful next year.  Ty is going to love them.  He will be so proud (as will I)!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Sullivan - one day late.  Love, Ty.   

Comments

  1. So cute! Glad y'all had a great time. I haven't been able to post for a few days, google and AIM were both acting up. :(

    Can't wait to see pics of Ty next to HIS flowers next Spring. The flowers AND Ty will both be thriving!!

    Love,
    Jan
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! Ty and Gavin are adorable and growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.