Tomorrow will be a long day because Ty is getting double radiation (one treatment at 7:30AM followed by another at 1:00PM) and a chemotherapy infustion. This chemo sholuldn't make him too sick. It is just to keep swelling and potential tumor growth under control until Ty is in better shape to tolerate some stronger treatments. He should still feel okay for the rest of the week so we can continue to enjoy this time at the beach. We only have a couple more days left so I want to squeeze everything I can out of it.
The highlights of the day included the following:
- Ty put his feet in the water down at the ocean. He was so scared at first, but once he got his feet wet that fear was overcome by genuine laughter. So happy!
- Ty continued going to the bathroom on the potty throughout the day. He gets upset, but he's doing it!
- During our second trip to the supermarket today, I bumped into a childhood friend (Jenn) who grew up on the same block as me when I was a kid. We have been in touch ever since Ty got sick, but this was the first time I saw her since his diagnosis and we shared a great hug and a quick cry.
- We kicked back with our old neighbors Regina and Patrick for a couple of beers and great conversation without the kids!
- After visiting with friends, Lou and I rode bikes on the boardwalk and stopped by at the hotel, the Allegria, for some tuna sliders and other delicious bar food. There was some great people watching to be had, and we fully enjoyed it.