He will get through this

I received great advice tonight.  I have to stop worrying about every small thing that Ty does.  I had a very emotional day because I am allowing too many negative thoughts into my head.  Just because his speech isn't great today, or because he's sleeping so much and a little more shaky, doesn't mean his cancer is spreading.  I just need to remind myself that this poor kid is three years old and just finished his fourth round of heavy duty chemotherapy after a rigorous six weeks of radiation therapy.  Of course he's tired.  I wouldn't be able to talk very well if I was pumped with all of those meds either.  And, all of those symptoms are listed as potential side effects to the chemo.  They also may indicate tumor destruction, which is what this is all about. 

Ty is a special boy with an incredible spirit and he will get through this.  Thank you, all of you, for always reminding me of this.  You are all so positive, and that is helping our boy heal while it helps to keep me going strong for my family. 

As promised, here he is playing with his little brother just this past Saturday.  Gavin is getting SO BIG!  I have so many visions of the day that they are running around the house together, playing independently as brothers should.  I can't wait to see it. 


Tonight Ty received his last dose of Temodar and then we are off for the next three weeks.  MRI, kidney function tests and hearing tests will be scheduled for the 5th or 6th of July, then his next cycle should begin July 7th or 8th.  I can't tell you how strangely refreshing it is to have some sort of plan in place like this.  It is the first time since we began this treacherous journey that his medical team sat us down with a calendar in front to begin planning in advance for next steps.  Before this, it was nothing but a whirlwind of unpredictable predicaments!  Finally, there is some solace in having an idea of what to expect over the next few weeks.  Of course, I would prefer to know what lies ahead over the next few months and when, exactly, he will be cured so we can put this all behind us (!)... but I'll take it.  Waiting for the next MRI is the worst part of all.  I am confident, though, that it will bring positive results. 

Have a good night everyone.  XOXO love always from Ty. 

Comments

  1. Your boys are so precious!! Ty looks fantastic!!!! We continue to keep all of you in our hearts and prayers. All of you are amazing - Ty WILL beat this! Can't wait to see you guys again. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength amazes me every single day. As always, sending prayers your way.

    ~Jessica
    IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever told you that is very smart. Worrying just makes the time pass sooo slow. You are a super fantastic mom and you are doing all you can for our little fighter.

    Love the video, Gaga is Huge!! Ty looks GREAT! I watch them over and over again cuz I just can't get enough of them. Keep up the good work SuperTy!!!

    All my love,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You children are too cute for words. I give you my word that I will continue to stay positive even after this whole ordeal is over. I know Ty can bounce back and to be just fine. No, great! I really do hope you enjoy the next 2 weeks off. I can't wait for all the great posts to come. Prayers and love from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Thanks for posting beautiful pics and wonderfully sweet videos from time to time. I love seeing them! So sweet!

    Love,
    Jan
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful boys... I been where you are and my own son given just a 10% chance of surviving a rare cancer when he was Ty's age. Words can't even describe the pain and fear. I am praying for Ty daily...he is so loved and so amazing!Doctors told us our son would not make it so many times and he is 10 years old.. healthy and happy.Much love and prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy - What a beautiful video of your boys. Ty has made so much progress in the last few weeks. Even though there are expected side-effects from this round of chemo, I am confident that he will recover rapidly, due to his physical strength. Your little guy has proven that he is a fighter, and his sheer will is awe inspiring.

    Love and prayers for continued improvement and strengh for Super Ty!Semper Fi!

    xoxoxo,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! they are so adorable. Our love and prayers are with you all always!
    oxox Raena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.