Fly Remy Fly

The memorial service for baby Remy was beautiful and heartbreaking.  As Mary's sister said in her eulogy, my heart was warmed and shattered at the same time.  My cousin Pete also said a eulogy that was so touching with such clear perspective, I was simply blown away.  Talk about inspiring. 

Ty came with us to both Bernice's services earlier this week, and Remy's today.  He gave Uncle Harry a huge hug and kiss when he saw how sad he was about his mom.  Of course, he didn't understand why, but he knew his Uncle was hurting.  Today he did the same for Pete and Mary.  He held out both arms and grabbed their faces in an effort to give them the biggest hug and kiss he is capable of. He was such a good boy, it's as if he could feel his two new angels perched on each shoulder.  Two beautiful souls, one old and one new.

A friend of Pete and Mary sang this beautiful lullaby as we said our goodbyes to their baby girl.  It remember receiving this on a Baby Lullaby CD when Ty was born, and hearing it again like this took my breath away. 


Ty is doing so well!  He hasn't needed any pain meds for several days in a row, and I think you all know what a big deal that is.  I hate to knock him down with chemo again next week, but at the same time I am so eager because he is responding so well.  Tomorrow, Ty's foundation is supporting the Pawling Triathalon.  Lou, his sister Debi, and a bunch of friends will be racing for Ty.  Then we will be rushing to Mahopac so Ty can participate in the survivors' lap at Relay for Life.  It should be a wonderful day dedicated to the greatest cause.  I can't wait to share pictures with you all.  Thank you for your love and continued support. 

Comments

  1. God Bless Remy and Bernice. God Bless SuperTy too!!!

    All my love,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy & Lou,

    My heart and sympathy goes out to you and your family at this very difficult time. I am praying for all of you.

    Joy Marielle
    Baltimore, MD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.