We met with a pediatric radio-oncologist at Sloan Kettering today, and she feels that a four week cycle of radiation treatment might help Ty find more physical comfort over the next couple of months. Lou and I are very unsure, but we are considering it. We are weighing the physical discomfort versus the psychological discomfort that Ty would experience if we had to take him out of his element once again and subject him to daily anesthesia and draining hospital visits. It's such a difficult decision, I wish we had a crystal ball for this one.
Our next step is to have another baseline MRI next week to see the tumor progression at this point before making any moves. We will keep you posted.
If we do decide to move forward, we will need to sublease a large 2-3 bedroom apartment in manhattan for the month of January. Please reach out to Lou or me if you know of anything available or if you have any other suggestions.
LETS MAKE TY FAMOUS :)
In the past two days, three different strangers stopped me in public to tell me that they recognized Ty from the blog. I can't even begin to tell how much it means to Lou and I to know so many beautiful people love our little boy and are following his story. When Ty was born, we used to say that with a name like Ty Campbell he could be a famous football player, CEO, surfer or senator. We want Ty's story to touch as many people as possible. He is an angel and he inspires us. We hope he inspires you, too. Please share the link to the blog and to his video with all of your contacts to spread the word about his incredible fight by cut and pasting these links. Thank you for your continued love and support.