Wednesday can't come fast enough

Two more days until Ty's MRI and I am beyond anxious.  The worst is how I analyze everything Ty does.  Poor kid. I don't want to freak him out, but it's hard to control when I am freaking out myself!

"Why are you squinting at the TV, do your eyes hurt?  Can you see alright?"
"Why are you breathing like that, do you have a belly ache?  Do you feel sick?"
"I heard you cough, do you feel nauseous?  Are you going to throw up?"
"Why won't you answer me?  Can you hear me okay?"

For months now, when Ty coughs he usually yells across the room, "I'm oh-tay, I just coughing, I not sick."  I guess I've conditioned him because he knows that as soon as I hear something like that I drop whatever I'm doing and come running with a bucket.  I'm not sure that instinct will ever go away completely.   

I am just so lucky that Ty really hasn't been sick like that in a very long time - that I am mostly responding to false alarms.  I can't tell you how much my life has changed since he stopped vomiting regularly (and by regularly, I mean hourly for months on end).  I am living in rainbows and my whole world is healing.  I just need to get that confirmation on Wednesday so I can feel free enough to jump in the clouds (at least for a few weeks, until the scanticipation gets the best of me again).

I have faith that his scan will be perfectly clear and free of cancer.  All of your love, support, prayers, positive thoughts and healing energy are so greatly appreciated.  Our little fighter will do this again someday.



Today was my mom's birthday.  We spent the day with her and my Dad.  Ty and Gavin picked out a cake and made her beautiful cards.  We are home now, everyone tucked into bed, and I miss my mommy already.  Happy Birthday, Mom.  I love you forever.



Comments

  1. I am praying for a clean MRI and for you and your family to get through the horrible anxiety of the next couple of days.

    Ann from Buffalo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to fathom the anxiety you must be feeling everyday. I am an anxious person by nature and the little day to day stuff gets to me. I think you handle yourself with such grace. You are an amazing woman! I wish you and your family only good news from here on out. Ty has so much to teach all of us still. I laughed out loud when I watched the tubing video. Ty's smile is contagious! I feel certain that Ty will be walking on a nice warm beach this summer. All will be good tomorrow:) Michelle from N.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have faith that the results will be good. Tomorrow, I will be granting the wish of a little boy who wished to go to Disney World. I will send all of the positivity from the hundreds that are gathering your way! Nothing but happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know tomorrow will be a good day. I can't wait for the pictures of Ty walking on the beach by himself this summer. I always have you all in my prayers every night. Keep the faith.

    Prayers from Texas.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted you to know that Ty is in my thoughts today.

    xx from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read the facebook post. Woo hoo, yippee. I am in my office dancing! Soooo gald to hear! Now you can breath:))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.