No evidence of disease.  Hallelujah.  Thank you so much for all of your love.  On top of that amazing news (breathe), Ty also gained another pound and a half!  In just two weeks!  He is a healthy growing boy and everyone at the hospital was commenting on how well he looks. 

Today was a long, exhausting and rejoiceful day.  I left the house this morning draped in jewelry with my pockets overflowing.  I wanted to have all of you close to me for support.  So many items to remind me of Ty and Gavin - along with beautiful good luck tokens and unique religious mementos of every denomination - have been thoughtfully gifted to me, Lou and Ty over these 18 months, and it is so comforting to feel that love from head to toe.  I had my worry stone, my lucky ladybugs, my miracle stars, my bracelet, my medals, my stones, my coins, my necklaces, my SuperTy and "Cure Cancer" tees, my wallet inserts, my pictures, my prayer cards and more!  It really reminded me how many people love Ty and all of my family, and that is so special. 

After hearing the good news, Ty had his bi-weekly infusion and we decided to stop in on the inpatient side for a quick visit with some of the caring nurses we have grown to love and adore.  They give Ty the BEST MOST LOVING CARE and Lou and I will forever be grateful for that.  They take care of all of us, really, and it has made Ty the healthy little growing boy that they saw today.  I miss them, but of course we are thrilled that we don't get to see them often anymore because that means Ty is healing.  We are nowhere near out of the woods, not by a long shot, but I can see the sun through the trees and it is very bright. 

Today was a good day indeed.  :)

Comments

  1. Today was a good day....with more to come. I am so happy to hear everything went well today. Deep down in my heart I knew it would be. Amen.

    Prayers from Texas,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. So absolutely, truly wonderful. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty is so so lucky to have the most magnificent parents in the world. Don't think your absolute altruism to your children is going unnoticed by them. They will end up being wonderful caring compassionate parents and citizens as adults-as you have modeled for them. The world needs more poeple like you guys.You and Lou deserve the best life has to offer- here on in, a life of contentment with just the normal worries.
    With love and admiration
    Susan Levy
    (Hope to meet you guys one day-At a big Super TY party!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following Ty's story down here on Long Island and this is wonderful news for a special little boy and his family!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for all of you. Prayers have been answered.

    Ann from Buffalo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your blog for a long time now and everytime that you have a clear scan is a gift to all of us that even thought we don't know you already love you

    God is blessing you all and today is a great sign of it

    Maria
    San Francisco,CA

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of prayers have been answered. Wow, what a great feeling. Great news mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.