This year Gavin made me a beautiful craft to put my jewelry in (he couldn't wait to give it to me when he brought it home from school) and a set of family portraits. They broke my heart into a million pieces because Gavin drew his brother with a sad face when the rest of us were smiling big. When I asked him why, he said "because Ty has cancer." I held back the tears and reminded him that even though Ty had cancer, he lived his life with a huge smile on his face. "Oh," was all he said.
So, as usual, I didn’t have much of a plan for Valentine’s Day. The day before Gavin and I went to the local bakery after school where I noticed they were selling giant heart shaped cookies so I bought one for Lou. It occurred to me that I should go to the card store next door for some Valentine’s Day cards. While I browsed the racks I was reading through a number of cards for Lou and Gavin and none of them seemed right but they were good enough, I guess. I thought about Ty and how I need to buy him some blue lollipops and his favorite chocolate truffles. I opened another card and right there…. inside the card!.... was a ladybug alive and well and crawling up and down. INSIDE THE CARD - can you believe that? I have said it a million times, I can’t make this stuff up. I didn’t know what to do so I just closed it gently and returned the card to the rack as I headed to the register for my purchase. On my way I spotted these socks and decided Ty wanted me to have them as my Valentine’s Day gift from him. I’ve worn them for two days straight (I’m gross). I don’t know what I would do without these incredible signs from my boy. It’s always just so amazing!
Lou bought me beautiful roses, we opened a great bottle of wine with my favorite Manchego cheese and he surprised me with chocolate covered strawberries (he’s much better at this). I gave him the cookie, but I guess it cracked in transport and he teased me for giving him a broken heart for Valentine’s Day. He always makes me laugh and I just love him so.
- A one-year membership to The Hermitage ski and gold club in Vermont (valued at $15,000)
- An opportunity for your kids to be the ball boys/ball girls for the Brooklyn Nets
- Tickets to Saturday Night Live, Jingle Ball 2015, Billy Joel, Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Giants (Coaches Club), Phantom of the Opera, Seth Meyers and so much more.
- Signed Islanders Jersey, Rangers Jersey and Eli Manning Jersey, along with signed Peyton Manning memorabilia and a signed copy of The Fault in our Stars by John Green.
- Weekend getaways to Killington ski resort and various golf packages. Gift certificates from my favorite restaurants and stores (like $1,500 at Theory), items from London Jewelers, MAC Cosmetics and Trish McEvoy, Photography and portrait packages, and so much more. Our friends at Brother Jimmy's donated dinners as well. It's going to be an incredible night.
CLICK HERE for tickets, CLICK HERE to book a room overnight.
NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT OUR INCREDIBLE SPONSORS! Why not ask your company to consider sponsorship? We hope to see you there!