The dishes can wait

My house has been turned upside-down since Wednesday.  I am not usually comfortable with this.  However, over the past few days I've tried to let time with all three of my boys take precedence over ignorance in the sink.  We played with Play-doh in every room of the house, we finger painted, we did sticker art on the floor (and our faces), we went to the tree farm and "tagged" the tree we will cut down in a week or two, we reintroduced the Elf on the Shelf to Ty and Gavin, we ate late lunches, even later dinners and dessert for breakfast.  Right now I'm surrounded by a sea of toys while Lou and I watch Two and Half Men.  Who do we think we are?  Just watching senseless TV and unwinding with a glass of wine?  This is great!!  These carefree crazies probably won't last past Monday, but I am loving it while it does.


It should always be fun like this.  Given all we have been through, I should be living every day to its fullest, but the truth is...  I still get totally stressed out and caught up in the small stuff.  I don't want to.  Tonight I was listening to Gavin singing in his crib while reading facebook updates from several cancer families.  So unfair.  It's why I remembered to focus this post on how lucky I was to spend Thanksgiving weekend at home having fun with the boys. 

So, even though I forget to heed my own advice sometimes... think of this adorable picture of Gavin and try to remember that the dishes can wait. 

PS: To Marilyn - who has done so much for me and my family.  I hope you had a wonderful, fabulous birthday. 

Comments

  1. After all you've been through I can't think of anyone who is more deserving of carefree and crazy. When it's all said and done and the boys are grown your memories will definitely not include how clean/organized your house was. This is at the bottom of the list of important things. I'm overjoyed that everything is going well. Know that you are all always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better do the dishes or else Lou might end up in the hospital.

    Well, get used to coasting downhill and regular life. You are free to begin anew! Your dreams have come true. Our prayers are answered. Can you believe it????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.