Brotherly love

Today was an incredible day.  Ty is feeling great!  His headaches seem to be gone altogether, he sat up a couple of times, he was wide awake all day and talking about how he's ready to go home soon.  "As soon as they get the tubie out of my head," he says. 

The visit with Uncle Bill, Aunt Lorraine and GA-GA was great.  The nurses broke the rules for us and allowed Gavin to come into Ty's room - which was such a blessing.  Ty was so happy to see him, and when the doctor asked him, "how is your brother?" Ty replied "BIG!"  Lou and I think so, too!  Not sure what Aunt Theresa is feeding him, but she did tell me he ate two slices of pizza for dinner the other night and I noticed it is going straight to his thighs :)

This was the best I could capture with my phone.  Brotherly love.  Doesn't Gavin look huge?


Tonight Ty said something that made me run out of the room to cry.  He called me in close for a hug and a kiss, and after I gave him an extra long hug he asked, "MaMa...You want me to get bedda?"  I got so choked up immediately, I could barely answer, "Yes, baby.  I want you to get better more than I want anything in the entire world."  I hope God was listening.

Comments

  1. OMG, totally crying with you. They look so cute. I can't wait to get all our boys together and let them wrestle. Miss you. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys everyday! Ty is so sweet and such a trooper! Gavin does look so big in that picture... he looks as big as Ty! So glad you had a nice day together. oxoxox Raena

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are tooooo cute. I'm glad he is feeling better. God please hear our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Alona. I read that your research goes towards better treatment options for kids, etc etc. I have a small fund Eitan's Hope for Children in memory of my son Eitan who survived 3 1/2 years beyond medical expectations due to the alternative medical treatments he received..(long story). The treatments eventually damaged his immune system and his body could not survive. The fund is intended for alternative medicine at a fabulous healer I know.He is one in a million. In addition I bring the mind/body connection in the form of personalized baskets filled with all that which makes a child/patient feel like a person with wants, desires, hopes, likes, loves, etc, other than like a statistic. The hospital or two I have been involved with recognize the difference in the kids...Would love to email or connect with you somehow, even see about trying to help some kids you know. My son and I adore kids and he and I both believed in the mind body connection and energy medicine, nutritional counseling, etc...(He was initially given a few months)...I feel for you and pray for you...Maybe we are meant to connect. My email is alona@eitanshopeforchildren.org....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.