Back home

Three-year olds can be so smart.  Ty has been reluctant to show any sort of excitement about going home.  I swear, it was as if he was thinking, "I'll believe it when I see it."  Every time I asked him if he wanted to go home, he would say "no!" very firmly.  It wasn't until after his MRI today, when the nurses actually disconnected him from his IV pole, that he started to smile and ask about going home.  He was very smiley on his way down the elevators and out the door, and he was talking to everyone, which shows he was in good spirits because when he's feeling sad he is very shy.

He certainly isn't himself yet, and I completely understand, but he is getting there.  He is beyond attached to me, I can barely put him down or take him off my lap, let alone leave the room.  The hardest part is seeing how needy he is when I try to spend time with Gavin.  Poor Gavin hasn't been home for 2 weeks and all I want to do is kiss him and hug him but I have to be careful not to upset Ty too much.  It's a balance.  Gavin is also thrilled to be home, he has already destroyed the place :)  He is so funny and so cute, we really missed him.  He's gotten so big in just two weeks!

Needless to say, we are all happy to be home.  And, I'm happy to report that although we won't have the final results from Ty's MRI until later tomorrow, the doctor's initial reading shows that the pressure on the brainstem has decreased significantly and they will most likely want to continue with the chemotherapy regimen (which is what we were praying for, because that means it's working so far).  Tomorrow's post will be more telling on what our next steps are... but we expect Ty to be home at least through the weekend so he can enjoy trick-or-treating.  In fact, the other day I asked Ty how he would like to decorate his room because he needs to get a new, more accommodating big boy bed, and he said he wants a Halloween room :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.